Tuesday, March 6, 2012

365 days of marriage

 WE DID IT! One whole year of marriage!!


Brady and I spent the evening several days ago reflecting over the past year; we even pulled out our "keepsake" box, filled with old pictures, drawings we made for each other, and maybe a sweet love note or two!
Here are some things we found:

1. A few cards from my friends at my bachelorette party, giving us some "marriage advice". Some things we feel like we've accomplished, others.. not so much.. like, "Invite Hannah over for dinner often!" (Sorry, Hannah!)


2. A list of questions Brady had to answer about me, I had to guess his answer to these questions in front of my friends at my bachelorette party... He recently stated that he would've changed some of his answers if he were given another chance now!


3. For our pre-marriage counseling, we had to make a list of reasons why we wanted to marry each other. We haven't looked at these lists since pre-marriage counseling, so it was fun for me to re-read all the reasons I wanted to marry Brady one year ago, and think about all the reasons I love Brady more today!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brady and I had a blast celebrating our first anniversary at Oliva's Italian restaurant, a Fort Worth local! When we walked in, all of the hostesses went on and on about how excited they were for us, and during dinner, we even had several people walk up to our table to congratulate us! One lady  told us that she thought that we were in high school, and Brady was taking me out to eat for my birthday! (I didn't have the heart to tell her that my husband is working on his Master's degree!)
Needless to say, we enjoyed everyone celebrating our first anniversary with us!


It's been a good year. I am more than excited to be on this journey of life with Brady, and am even more excited about celebrating many, many more anniversaries together!

No comments:

Post a Comment