Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Singing, Smiles, and Praises!

I was excited to record some videos of my experiences this summer while in West Africa. It was my hope and intention to post these while I was still gone, but our internet was WAY slow and wasn't able to upload them! Enjoy some of my adventure, laughter, encouragement, and experiences!

Listen to this song that we taught the kids and see if you can pick up the tune:
(notice the girls on the left singing, and the boys on the right.. we always had contests to see who could be the loudest!)



Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah, Praise ye the Lord!
Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah, Praise ye the Lord!
Praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah! Praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah!
Praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah! Praise ye the Lord!

or in Moore (as they're singing!):
Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah, Wa Wennam!
Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah, Wa Wennam!
Wa Wennam, Hallelujah! Wa Wennam, Hallelujah!
Wa Wennam, Hallelujah! Wa Wennam!

________________________________________

This is my precious friend, Jamila, whom you've heard me talk much about! I'm excited about sharing this video with you! It's one I made to post for my family to see while I was still in Burkina, but unfortunately, they weren't able to view it until I arrived home. I hope her smile, dimples, and sweet personality bless you as much as they do me!




________________________________________

Here's another one of Jamila and 2 of her friends. While taking a break from painting the church one day, they decided to entertain me (they always know how to make me smile)! I like this one because you can hear them singing one of the songs we taught them called "Panga Wennam" or "Powerful God"! I just love these girls!



________________________________________

This one is from mine and Rochelle's first experience at the water well! It makes me laugh every time I watch it! I just THOUGHT this one was hard work... until I tried the 'hand-pump' well!! GOSH!! Those women just amaze me! I was tired after just filling up my water bottle!



I think this is all my poor computer can handle for now, but stay tuned for more fun African videos!!

3 comments:

  1. mmm...thanks for sharing those sweet faces! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! Jamila is so small but has such a knowing look in her eyes. And what a spirit! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure Jessica has a video of the kids in Haiti singing that song in creole.

    SO SO SO sweet. Love you, girl

    ReplyDelete