Monday, December 14, 2009


I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. –John 14:18-19

Pure and undefiled religion is to love the orphans and the widow in their distress and keep ourselves from being tarnished by the ways of THIS WORLD. –James 1:27

Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. –Matthew 19:14

Today marks halfway. Mexico is different than anything I have ever experienced. Yesterday we spend the morning and afternoon at Ms. Karen’s orphanage. WOW! These kids are the cutest, happiest children. They greeted us at the gate, arms open wide, anticipating hugs from everyone! We were able to cook some lunch and play with them all day! Later in the evening we went to a church service and passed out toys and purses to the local body of believers. Smiles that fill me up as I continue to pour out the love that Christ has given. Although I felt as though I were in a foreign country, today we spent the day in the States. Heartbreaking. We were able to pass out gifts and prayerwalk some of the communities.

Sometimes working in a foreign country makes me feel like I am emptying the ocean with an eye-dropper. And just when I have about half a cup full of water, it rains: the orphanage gets a little more full, more abandoned babies are found, more people are infected with aids. it is enough to discourage even the most enthusiastic and passionate person. And yet the discouragement lasts only a moment and God tells me to keep going. That He loves me. That he loves these people. That He will never leave or forsake any of us, not one. That my work IS important, to Him.

I am positive that our God is powerful. And that He is faithful. And that the Gospel is truth. His word will not return void. Please continue to pray for us. Language barriers are thick. Our God is stronger. We are learning to love boldly, fervently, and wholly. We are also learning the power of prayer. Please join us in praying for these people. “Where there is no vision of eternity, there is no prayer for the perishing.”

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. You are beautiful and He is beautiful in you. Thanks for loving and sharing.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all - and those beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete