Sunday, November 15, 2009

Creator of Love

This morning I was having breakfast with some ladies before Sunday School began; one of them mentioned a friend, who was not a believer, had just adopted a young girl from China. The conversation was about the ‘good thing’ she was doing by adopting this girl. It was about her taking in a new daughter. It was about love. My mind started racing and immediately went to the Cross.. where beautiful, selfless love was poured out.
I couldn't help but think of my motives for doing "good things". Here is this woman who doesn't know Love, but still chooses to pay a GINORMOUS amount of money and take in an orphaned child to love. And I'm left wondering this. How can people separate the Love that I know and the love that this woman knows? I am loved by the CREATOR of love. I am continuously shown love by the one who invented it. I know love. True love. Can people look at the way that I love and the way this woman loves, and tell a difference? I pray that people can look at the love I show and tell that it’s different, that it’s real. May there be undeniable evidence of the Creator of LOVE in my life. Lord, teach me to love better...
___________________________________________

Friday and Saturday I got to spend some much needed time with my sister. We spent a fun afternoon at Biedenharn Gardens, Kiroli Park, and just hanging out in town!


___________________________________________

I have successfully completed my Maternity rotation for clinicals (and to much surprise, I REALLY loved it!) Now I am working on my Pediatric rotation at St. Francis Medical Center. One of my favorite parts of this rotation is play time! I love taking this sick kiddos to the playroom and seeing their imaginations come alive! Who ever knew that school could be so fun!?
___________________________________________

One more thing... quite possibly the thing I am most excited about right now.. Exactly 4 weeks until I’m hanging out in an orphanage in Mexico, holding a sweet, smiling kid! Ah, I just cant wait!!

1 comment:

  1. You blogged Kasey!!! Yay! And a lovely blog post it is my dear sister! I hope that others can see the difference in my love as well. Will you be home for Thanksgiving break? I need some Kasey time! I am so ready to talk about summer missions with you girl! And we so need to catch up on what all has happened in our lives this semester...I love you K!

    ReplyDelete