Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mardi Gras- New Orleans style!


This weekend I was able to travel to New Orleans to do some outreach to the Mardi Gras crowd. I was expecting crazy, but I don't think I could've ever done enough to fully prepare for what was in store..


Our team of about 19 traveled to New Orleans on Friday afternoon. We stayed at FBC Norco and drove about 30 minutes each morning into the city to help Vieux Carre Baptist Church. Groups came from all over the U.S. to help out.


Our trip consisted of:

-prayer walking around the city
-striking up conversations and inviting people to the church
-sharing the gospel as the Holy Spirit led

-feeding homeless

-helping Mr. Gary with XXXChurch (check out their website: xxxchurch.com)

-passing out free water/gatorade/lollipops

-eating LOTS of cajun food (yay for yummy gumbo!)

and being too excited/awestruck to study :)

God did amazing things.
I'm blown away. Again and again and again.

Enjoy some clips from the weekend:


2 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world, kasey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited you're blogging! I will soon have to quit farming to devote my full attention to reading all the blogs of people I love - and some I've never met! My advice: be yourself, be honest, share your point of view. You are one beautiful person - let your light shine so that men may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven!

    ReplyDelete